Admitted Ph.D. students may be offered teaching and research assistantships with health insurance coverage starting at $27,000 (plus waiver of tuition) for Fall 2016. In addition, there are a number of supplemental scholarships available to highly qualified candidates. Early application is strongly recommended to facilitate consideration for these awards.
- Presidential Fellowships are available to exceptionally qualified candidates. They provide an additional $5,500 per year for graduate study toward a Ph.D.
- William H. Emerson Fellowships consist of a supplemental award of $2,000 for the first year of graduate study. A limited number of these awards will be renewable for the second year. Students are considered for this fellowship upon application to the PhD program in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowships: School of Chemistry and Biochemistry Tech-to-Teaching are available for graduate study. These fellowships provide stipend support up to $30,000 to exceptional graduate students who demonstrate financial need.
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowships:GT College of Sciences Molecular biophysics and biotechnology are available for graduate study. These fellowships provide stipend support up to $30,000 to exceptional graduate students who demonstrate financial need.
- Goizueta Fellowships are available to exceptional Latino-American candidates. Each fellowship provides a $4,000 stipend.
- Instructions for applying for Travel:
- Student Government Association (SGA) Graduate Conference Funds and College of Science Travel Awards and
- Johnson Graduate Travel Funds are available to doctoral students who have been accepted to present at an upcoming meeting. This funding is designed as a secondary source, to complement sponsored funds that do not cover all costs incurred for a trip.
Georgia Tech's Office of Financial Aid and Office of Fellowships provides resources for students applying for external fellowships and loans. Information regarding tax liability for scholarships and fellowships can be found at www.finaid.gatech.edu/taxes.