The glass shop can fabricate scientific appartus from borosilicate glass (Pyrex) or fused quartz. Our scientific glassblower is available for consultation on the design, modification, construction and repair of vitreous scientific apparati. Shop capabilities include the preparation of silver mirrors and etching, cutting, grinding and drilling of glass. The glass shop is located in the ES&T building room L2305.
Please follow the procedures below to request services.
- Customer must complete the "Request for Services" form.
- Contact the Glass Shop to schedule a consultation appointment. Attach your "Request" form with the email.
- The Glass Shop will receive in-person forms Monday - Friday between 1pm-3pm.
- An estimate total will be provided by the Glass Shop for your approval.
- The estimate requires customer approval and approved ISS form with Doc ID # prior to work proceeding.
- USGA and Industry customers will be required to provide a purchase order prior to work proceeding.
- You will be contacted when the project is ready for pick up.
The Glass Shop is open Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
GT News - Hidden Georgia Tech - Featured Article