Undergraduate Summer Research Program 2013
Chemistry and Biochemistry undergraduate majors are invited to apply for a ten-week (May 20-July 26, 2013) research program sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF-REU) and 3M Corporation. Program participants will receive a stipend of $4,500, a travel allowance, and housing. Participants supported by NSF and 3M must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S..
Each research student carries out a research project under the direction of a faculty member in the School of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Georgia Tech. Projects are available in analytical, biological, inorganic, organic, physical, and polymer chemistry. Contributions by undergraduate participants often result in publication of papers in the peer-reviewed literature with the student listed as an author.
- For a look at previous REU Activities/Photos, click here: GT REU Facebook.
- To apply to the Chemistry and Biochemistry REU program at Georgia Tech, please click here.
Students interested in specializations within chemistry and biochemistry may also apply to the following programs:
- Center for Chemical Evolution Summer Research Program at Georgia Tech
- Chemistry Summer Theory Program
- Aquatic Chemical Ecology Summer Research Program at Georgia Tech
Deadline for applications is Feb. 15, 2013. Early submissions are encouraged! Notification of awards will be made by April 15, 2013.