GT Environment Health and Safety (http://www.ehs.gatech.edu) - A comprehensive and complete database of information, policies, forms, and contacts within GT pertinent to all aspects and questions you may have about safety.
Chemical Safety Information from Intergovernmental Organizations - Rapid access to internationally peer-reviewed information on chemicals commonly used throughout the world.
- Identifying & Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories -- Approaches for hazard analysis and templates to conduct simple to in-depth hazard analyses.
- Chemical & Engineering News Safety Letters - An index of the chemical safety letters that have appeared in C&EN since 1993.
- Chemical & Engineering news --Safety blog "Safety zone". Up-to-date safety ressources and news.
- American Chemical Society Committee on Chemical Safety
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratory I
- Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratory II
- Division of Chemical Health & Safety (DCHAS)
- Lab Safety Supply
Grainger - Safety supplies ranging from solvents cans, cabinets, signage, RTK labels etc.
- Grainger also offers resources on glove, clothing, and material chemical compatibility
- VWR - Wide selection of safety supplies
- Fisher Safety - Wide selection of safety supplies
- McMaster-Carr - Safety glasses, protective equipment, signage, warning lights, floor markings, and tape
- Uvex - Eye protection
- Rx Safety - Prescription safety glasses
- LaserVision - Laser-related safety items: eyewear, face-shields, barriers, signage
- Industrial Scientific - Gas detection and monitoring instruments
- Honeywell - Gas detection and monitoring instruments
- Airgas - Airgas is a resource for safety products and information such as gloves; head; eye & face; clothing; gas monitoring and signs
- North by Honeywell - Extensive selection of hand and respiratory protection tools
Dow Lab Safety Academy
- Modular safety videos on a range of laboratory safety and safety culture related topics. Click here to acess the website.
- Cole Parmer offers an interactive compatibility chart of materials and chemicals.
- Ingersoll Rand's chemical compatibility guide offers chemical compatibility for materials from polymers to metals.
- Airgas - gloves
- Cole-Parmer website offers a glove chemical compatibility chart when you select the chemical you are interested in.
- Showabest glove website is a great resource for general gloves information and also offers a chemical resistance chart for gloves by selecting the chemical of interest.
- Microflex Chemical Resistance Guide: Chart of chemicals with associated chemical resistance for Latex and Nitriles gloves. Provides information on the rate of permeation.
- Ansell Chemical Resistance Guide: Extensive chart for chemicals resistance of Laminate, Nitrile, Unsupported Neoprene, Supported PVA, Snorkel, Natural Rubber, ChemiPro, CHEMTEK Butyl, and CHEMTEK Butyl/Viton gloves.
C&EN has published Safety Letters since 1993. The letters cover a wide variety of hazards and/or accidents that have occurred. It is a valuable resource to keep up-to-date with some of the safety challenges our profession faces and potential strategies to prevent accidents and promote safety culture.American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
AIHA provides a collection of technical safety topics and laboratory safety incidents
- TOXNET Toxicology Data Network
- Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry
- The Collaborative on Health and the Environment Toxicant and Disease Database
- Poisons Information Monographs - A database with information on substances commonly involved in cases of poisoning
The wizard tool was developed by MIT as a way to reduce the hazardous waste profile in research labs. It enables the choice of alternative methods:
- By the chemical you wish to replace
- By the process you wish to replace or modify
- By an alternative chemical you may have heard or read about
- By an alternative process you may have heard or read about
Access the wizard by clicking here.
Feedback or comments about the Green Chemical Alternatives Wizard are welcome at email@example.com.