Applications for 2024 Open in August 14, 2023! *Submit by DECEMBER 1st, 2023 for priority consideration, Late applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis!
The School of Chemistry and Biochemistry strongly encourages all applicants to complete either the Pre-Application or the Institute application for consideration of admission by December 1st for priority consideration (see "admission criteria" for deadline details). Both applications are reviewed the same, There will be a fee for the Institute Application (see details below). Applications are accepted starting in July. Decisions for Fall admission are made starting in December throughout February/Early March. All applicants will be contacted via email as final decisions are made (and/or the Institute application portal if applied via the Institute application).
- NOTE: The GRE will be optional. (It is not required!)
- Students are welcome to complete the pre-application, in place of the institute application, for consideration into the Graduate program. There is no fee for the pre-application. Whether you complete this application or the Institute application, both are reviewed the same.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN A COUNTRY WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU), DUE TO THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU GDPR) YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INSTITUTE APPLICATION BELOW. YOU CAN NOT DO A PRE-APPLICATION IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN A COUNTRY IN THE EU, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE A CITIZEN/PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AN EU COUNTRY OR NOT! (IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED FOR ADDMITTANCE TO THE SCHOOL OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATE PROGRAM!)
- For International students, The institute requires a TOEFL iBT ≥ 90 (each section must score ≥ 19) and an IELTS score of ≥7 (minimum band score of Reading, Listening, and Speaking is ≥6.5, Writing is ≥5.5) ...Admission into all GT Grad pprograms are contingent on these scores. Failure to meet our English language requirements will result in an automatic denial of your application. Rules on who must complete an english proficiency exam can be found here: https://grad.gatech.edu/english-proficiency
- The Institute application requires a non-refundable application fee of $95.00 with your application ($105 for international student).
For additional questions, please review the Frequently Asked Questions, or contact:
- Dr. Kenyetta Johnson or Ruth Pierre, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- 901 Atlantic Drive, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0400
- Phone (404) 894-8227; Fax (404) 385-0386
- Email: email@example.com