Applications for 2023 Open in July 27, 2022! *Submit by DECEMBER 1st, 2022 for priority consideration, Late applications accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis!
The School of Chemistry and Biochemistry strongly encourages all applicants to complete either the Pre-Application or the Institute application for consideration of admission by December 1st for priority consideration (see "admission criteria" for deadline details). Both applications are reviewed the same, There will be a fee for the Institute Application (see details below). Applications are accepted starting in July. Decisions for Fall admission are made starting in December throughout February/Early March. All applicants will be contacted via email as final decisions are made (and/or the Institute application portal if applied via the Institute application).
- NOTE: The GRE will be optional. (It is not required!)
- Students are welcome to complete the pre-application for consideration into the Graduate program. Whether you complete this application or the Institute application, both are reviewed the same.
- PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN A COUNTRY WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU), DUE TO THE EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU GDPR) YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INSTITUTE APPLICATION BELOW. YOU CAN NOT DO A PRE-APPLICATION IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN A COUNTRY IN THE EU, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE A CITIZEN/PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AN EU COUNTRY OR NOT! (IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED FOR ADDMITTANCE TO THE SCHOOL OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATE PROGRAM!)
- For International students, The institute requires a TOEFL iBT ≥ 90 (each section must score ≥ 19) and an IELTS score of ≥7 (minimum band score of Reading, Listening, and Speaking is ≥6.5, Writing is ≥5.5) ...Admission into all GT Grad pprograms are contingent on these scores. Failure to meet our English language requirements will result in an automatic denial of your application. Rules on who must complete an english proficiency exam can be found here: https://grad.gatech.edu/english-proficiency
- The Institute application requires a non-refundable application fee of $75.00 with your application ($85 for international student).
- Georgia Tech is committed to excellence and promoting diversity within the PhD applicant pool. As a result, the School of Chemistry and Biochemistry will consider application fee waivers for the PhD application for members of underrepresented groups who are US citizens or permanent residents (Green card holders) as well as first generation students who are US citizens or permanent residents. Please email the Director of Graduate Studies for the School of Chemistry, Dr. Kenyetta Johnson (Kenyetta.Johnson@chemistry.gatech.edu), for additional information. In the message, please mention your citizenship and the aspect of your identity that is underrepresented (such as gender or racial/ethnic group) or if you are a first generation student. We recognize that diversity comes in many forms, and can also grant a limited number of waivers due to financial hardship. Please note, application fee waiver codes are limited and are first come, first served. Fee waiver requests will have no bearing on admission decisions.
For additional questions, please review the Frequently Asked Questions, or contact:
- Dr. Kenyetta Johnson or Ruth Pierre, School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- 901 Atlantic Drive, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0400
- Phone (404) 894-8227; Fax (404) 385-0386
- Email: email@example.com